Chanel's Pre-prom

Beware, this is not my ordinary blog post. You'll be hearing my voice about the business and my love for photography.

As usual, this was a last minute photoshoot after Chanel had her makeup done at the Flawless Visions Salon with Carmen. On days that I give myself off, I sometimes get bored (Yes, I do get bored, too) and tend to want to take pictures, again. However, I do so for recreation.  It's nice to take pictures without worrying about having to edit a whole lot of them. In the business world of photography, Shooting the photo takes about 20% of the whole production time. The remaining 80% are the countless hours on a desk, stuck in front of a computer fine-tuning the photograph.

Oh, how I love to snap that camera. Oh, how I dread the countless hours of editing. I just can't help but edit, either. When I see that raw photograph in front of my screen, I just see all the possibilities. I just have to touch it and tweak it. To the best of my ability, I try not to go crazy with my photographs. Close to natural or even natural is the best. I try to make the skin look natural--not plastic, not a barbie doll, not a face made out of foundation powder.

Speaking of natural, here's the alternative. A few projects I did in college a couple of years ago:


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

About This Blog

Featuring recent weddings, engagements, families, newborns, and maternity sessions.

For boudoir, please visit the links to the left.

Blog Archive